Piglets Adventure Farm (“We”) understands that you are rightly concerned that your data will only be collected or used for any legitimately intended purpose. We are committed to processing your personal information in ways that comply with our legal obligations, and to being clear with you about what we do with your information.
For the purposes of GDPR, the data controller is Piglets Adventure Farm.
Personal Information we may collect from you
We may collect personal information which we receive when:
- You visit our premises
- You use our services
- You use pigletsadventurefarm.com (“our website”)
- You interact with us on social media
- You contact us
- You apply to join our team
We may collect the following types of information:
- Your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- The names and dates of birth of other individuals
- Your school/group’s name, school/group’s address and school/group’s telephone number(s)
- Your payment information such as a credit or debit card details and bank account details<
- Your future communication preferences
- Your IP address
- Relevant medical details if our first aiders are treating you following an incident
- Your right to work in the UK and whether you are over school leaving age
- Other personal information that you voluntarily provide us through your cv
How do we collect this information?
We collect your personal information:
- Directly: g. when you sign up to receive or use our services, you complete a survey, enter a competition or submit a job application
- From publicly available sources: eg. social media, internet services
Why do we collect this information?
We may collect your personal information so that we can:
- Answer your enquiries
- Provide you with services that you request from us
- Create and manage your membership, birthday party booking or group booking
- Process payments for our services
- Verify your identity for security purposes<
- Help make our website as useful to you as possible
- Allow you to interact with us using social media
- Deliver advertisements of services, events and offers that might be of interest you, but only where you have provided express consent
- Assist you if you have a medical incident
- Meet our legal obligations
- Make recruiting decisions
Information which does not identify any individual may be used in a general way by us or third parties on our behalf, for purposes such as quality control or the improvement of our services and website.
Keeping you informed of our services, events and offers
Our website and social media keep you informed of some of our news, events and services.
We will stay in touch by email or post but only where you have consented to us doing so.
When you consent to stay in touch, you may opt out at a later date by using the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our marketing emails or by contacting us. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes. We will remove you from our mailing lists as soon as is reasonably possible.
If you haven’t asked us to stay in touch, we may still need to send you service-related messages from time to time such as membership management, ticket or booking confirmations, and payment processing.
Visiting our Website
When you first visit our website, you are given the option to accept cookies.
Please be aware that we do not have control over cookies used by our external third-party service providers.
Google Analytics and Google Adwords
We use Google Analytics to monitor how you use our website, for example which pages are visited and how long you spend on each page, which documents are downloaded, whether there are problems when completing forms or with links. By doing this, we can develop our website content and functionality in order to provide you with a better user experience. Data may also be collected and put together to make inferences about things such as your age, geographical location and interests, and it may be used by Google Adwords to display our adverts to you.
Data is passed to us in an anonymised form so we are unable to personally identify you. We do not hold any personal data collected by Google Analytics, nor can we access the data. You are therefore subject to Google Analytics’ Date Privacy and Security.
You can opt out of Google Analytics’ tracking at any time by using Google Analytics’ Opt-Out Browser Add-on.
You can opt out of personalised adverts by Google Adwords at any time by using your Ads Settings.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Once you have used any of these links to leave our site, therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Engaging with Social Media
Social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube are a great way for us to engage and communicate with you.
Please be aware that all users of social media platforms are subject to the terms and conditions of the platform provider as well as the privacy policies and use of technology such as cookies. Information that you share with us through these platforms may therefore be used or sold for commercial purposes by the provider.
When engaging with us through social media, please exercise caution with regards to your personal details and privacy. Never share personal or sensitive information with us through these platforms, for example names, addresses, emails, date of birth or membership numbers. If your query includes personal information, please get in touch by phoning us on 01904 499183
How do we handle your information?
We are committed to keeping your information up to date a far as is reasonably possible. However, if you believe we have made an error, then please contact us and we will use reasonable endeavours to correct.
We are also committed to keeping your personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
Your information may need to be passed other companies in order to carry out our business activities or legal obligations. This includes third-party service providers such as accountants, auditors, experts, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; IT systems, support and hosting service providers; printing, advertising, marketing and survey outsourced service providers that assist us in carrying out our business activities.
Our systems and those of our service providers are normally located within the UK or European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, third party service providers such as Survey Monkey, Google Analytics and Google Adwords transfer your data to, store and process it in the United States. These companies are certified as compliant with EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield and are therefore considered to have adequate data protection to facilitate the transfer of EU data.
We do not, and will never, sell your personal information to any third parties. We will never share your personal information with third parties other than our service providers or where legally required.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as it is needed to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
How can you manage your information?
GDPR provides you with additional rights to your right to be informed (met by this policy) and your right to object to direct marketing (see Keeping You Informed of our Services, Events and Offers).
You are provided with:
- The right to access the data we hold about you
- The right to have your data corrected if it is inaccurate
- The right to have your data erased if we are no longer entitled to use it or are keeping it too long
- The right to have your data restricted or blocked from processing<
- The right to object to processing carried out on the basis of legitimate interest
- The right to port your data
To make a request to us relating any personal information we may hold, we need you to contact us in writing.
To better safeguard your information, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access, making corrections or deleting your information.
How Can You Complain?
If you are unhappy with the way that we have handled your data, please contact us in the first instance as we would like to resolve the issue personally. We may have made a genuine error or missed a flaw in one of our processes; perhaps there are legitimate reasons why we have handled your data in a particular way.
If we are unable to remedy the issue to your satisfaction and you believe that we have handled your data unlawfully, you are able to report your concerns to the ICO.
Write to us at :
Piglets Adventure Farm
Towthorpe Moor Ln
Or email us at : email@example.com